Middlesex United Way is a locally-based organization dedicated to strengthening lives, helping people, and improving community conditions in the fifteen towns in Middlesex County. Middlesex united way serves the towns of Chester, Clinton, Cromwell, Deep River, Durham, East Haddam, East Hampton, Essex, Haddam, Killingworth, Middlefield, Middletown, Old Saybrook, Portland, and Westbrook.
Middlesex United Way partners with local agencies and town organizations to provide needed services and programs and find solutions to chronic community problems, like substance abuse among youth and the need for affordable, decent housing for low-income families.
Our focus areas and goals reflect the priority concerns of our residents and top human care needs of our county. We also believe that these four areas are the building blocks needed for any person to lead a better life. Our focus areas are:
- EDUCATION: Students succeed academically
- FINANCIAL STABILITY: Individuals and families are economically stable
- HEALTH: Individuals and families are healthy and safe, and youth and adults avoid risky behaviors
- HOUSING: Individuals and families have safe and affordable housing
- RACIAL EQUITY & INCLUSION: Individuals and families live in an anti-racist, equitable, and inclusive community
OUR VISION FOR OUR COMMUNITY:
- All those who reside in Middlesex County live in a healthy, vibrant, inclusive, and thriving community.
- All sectors of our county are invested in and working in partnership to improve the quality of life for all.
- All those who reside in Middlesex County are aware of and able to access support related to education, health, housing, and financial stability.